4-year old Quicken Home & Business that malfunctioned.

Options

Quicken began making deposits into checks and checks into deposits. Unable to use and I was extremely frustrated. I now want to start clean slate with a Home & Business ess version. Can I just uninstall the old version and get an updated version? I Need help!!

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Exactly what version number are you running? Help > About Quicken.

How are you getting transactions into Quicken? Manual entry or downloading?

Are you telling us that deposits are ending up in the "Payment" column and payments are ending up in the "Deposit" column? Or are you actually seeing that payments in the "Payment" column are increasing the number in the "Balance" column while deposits, entered in the "Deposits" column, are decreasing the number in the "Balance" column? If it's the latter situation, then what color and sign is the number in the "Balance" column?

If, for whatever reason, Quicken shows you in an overdrawn situation, then payments would increase the overdraw and deposits would reduce the overdraw.

Perhaps you could post a screen shot of what you're seeing? A "4-year old Quicken" would still be a subscription product, receiving (or at least suggesting) frequent updates.

This discussion has been closed.