Option to Revert to Prior Version

Options
imdcareys
imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Installing and Updating

The ask would be to add an option within the menus inside Quicken to revert to a prior release and restore a backup data file.

With some releases of Quicken, new Issues are presented. Often, it takes a significant amount of time to uninstall Quicken. Add to that the time it takes to find, download and install a Mondo patch. And finally to restore the data file backed up prior to updating to a version that presents new issues.

It would be nice if there were an option added to Quicken, that once selected and applied, the program itself would be uninstalled, the prior version (or better yet, a selection as to which prior version) would be installed, and upon opening would present a dialog to select a prior backup to restore. It could incorporated as a step through wizard/workflow.

Win 11 - Quicken Premier - v54.16

4 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• rwetter
    rwetter Member ✭✭
    Options

I agree.

• normb1
    normb1 Member
    Options

I just asked for the same feature in another post. The current issue with Quicken 54.16 not importing QFX files is seriously problematic. If I could role back, there would be a workaround until Quicken determines what they broke.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1
    Options

I successfully imported a QFX file from Bank of America just now in R54.16. I got the dialog below and then it imported the transactions. Maybe something got fixed.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1
    Options

The current issue with Quicken 54.16 not importing QFX files is seriously problematic. 

And there one of the biggest problems with "rolling back". People very quick to believe that a given release caused their problem, just because the two events happen about the same time.

I would give about 99.99% chance that R54.16 release has nothing to do with the QFX import problem.

There isn't any reason that Quicken Inc would be changing the OFX import code, and even if they did and mess it up it would affect everyone using a QFX import, and that is MUCH more than one (now two or more, but at the same financial institution and on different versions of Quicken even different operating systems) person at one financial institution.

And I notice this post by another user. Quicken Mac user:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The point of this ask is very simple. The ask is for a quick way to eliminate a release as a "cause" for a new problem.

Nothing more.

I am not asking for anything specific to R54.16 or any other release.

If the requested feature were to be added, users should certainly not expect to be forced to use it just because it is there. The feature would be much simpler for me - personally - than trolling through community threads ad nauseum looking for causes and just finding obfuscatory comments which aren't helpful.

Win 11 - Quicken Premier - v54.16

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I hear you, but I doubt "Quicken Inc hears you".

Afterall for years now people have been asking for just a way block automatic updates, and they have never implemented that. Forcing the user to use settings in Windows to do the blocking.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/