How do I add multiple logins for the same bank?

gteachey
gteachey Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I'm using Quicken Windows subscription.

My wife and I have separate logins for Capital One Checking and Savings accounts.

I can only add one, when I try to the second login for Capital One it just brings me back to the screen to select what accounts I want to sync from the first login.

Is this not possible with this product?

Answers

• crwalejr
    crwalejr Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

Go to Tools/Add Account and type in Captial One. When prompted for the User ID and password input this information for which ever Capital One account you have not added to quicken yet. If you and your wife have separate accounts with Capital One you will have separate login information.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

How many actual accounts do you have at CapOne?

Q can only store 1 login per acct … but if the accts are jointly owned, you can tell Q to use 1 login for checking and the other for savings and both should be visible when either logs in

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• gteachey
    gteachey Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Two for Cap One, Two for Citi credit cards. Fully separate on what accounts are shown on them. Nevermind needing to troubleshoot this any more though. I'm refunding this and trying a different company's product. This is just too frustrating to use. I add one of my bank accounts and no matter what I do it shows it 2,000 dollars higher than the online balance which it shows correctly at the bottom of the app. There's only a 400 dollar payment pending so it's not due to some uncleared transaction. Ah well. I gave it a try at least.

• Norm Orio
    Norm Orio I do not have Quicken yet Member

I have this issue as well. I've set up my Capital One credit card account. My wife has a completely different Capital One login. When I go to Add my wife's login, I enter Capital One Sign In and Quicken at this point, thinks it already knows my login credentials and goes straight to the 'Select accounts' screen. There's no obvious option to say 'I'd like to enter new credentials' .Based on my experience it would seem that two logins on the same bank will not work in Quicken. Moneydance and Buxfer will allow this but are really old design and I thought by 2023, that Quicken would have caught up with this very necessary feature.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Instead of using Add Account, try going to the Account Details of the unconnected account. On the Online Services tab, click "Set up now…".

My wife and I have separate logins at several FIs (but not Capital One) and they work perfectly.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.