Credit Score with Starter Version

Options
Pete Q
Pete Q Member ✭✭
edited June 2023 in Reports (Windows)

I had a question about what information Quicken was using to determine the computation of the credit score shown in the bottom left area of the Quicken Starter version that I've used for several years. The Quicken displayed "credit card debt" actually used the totals generated by Equifax for revolving credit card, home mortgage, and Toyota financial. Our "credit card debt," as depicted by Quicken, should have been figured using credit card debt alone and not all three together. Quicken's argument was that it was Equifax who provided the information so work with them. Been there, done that. They did provide the correct information for the three credit accounts we have. However, Quicken's header for their computations is simply "credit card debt" so how do I get Quicken to parse out the actual credit card debt and use it in their computations of "credit card debt?"

Best Answer

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The data that drives the Credit Score in Quicken comes from Equifax and not from Quicken. This has been discussed at length for over a year now and apparently Equifax is unwilling to change their calculations. See this discussion for example.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Pete Q
    Pete Q Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you Jim! Appreciate the information on the matter and I think I'll just disregard the Quicken credit score number. PHH

This discussion has been closed.