Everything has been reset... (Q on Web)

Options

Logged in and it's asking me to enter in an institution. Bascially, erasing everything I've done for almost a year (budgets, categories, etc.). :/

I recently installed the Windows version and tried to sync it, that's when I noticed all my data is no longer there.

Any way to get back what I had in the Web version?

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

Web version? Quicken has no Web version. It does have an optional feature called Quicken on the Web which must be first enabled from within the desktop Quicken program before it is functional on the web. It is not a standalone product that can be set up without first having Quicken Windows installed.

Were you perhaps previously using Simplifi? Simplifi is a separate web-based sister application to Quicken but it is not compatible with Quicken Windows so there is no way to transfer all the Simplifi financial data into Quicken for Windows.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• cauthier
    cauthier Member ✭✭
    Options

It's called Quicken | On the Web

I setup everything without having to install anything on my hard drive.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hmmmm….I'd heard that it might be possible to set up Quicken on the Web for Quicken Mac without 1st setting it up on the computer but not for Quicken Win. But I'd also heard that once it is set up like that it is not possible to sync it later with a Quicken data file. Something about how the Cloud Account must be first set up on the computer in order to sync. Hopefully someone else will pipe in and help to clarify this for both of us.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

In the Web app, your budgets would have been stored under a different name than the new one you just created. See if it was stored under a different profile/datafile by clicking the Profile menu.

• cauthier
    cauthier Member ✭✭
    Options

It's my email address, which hasn't changed. I'm just going to have to start fresh unfortunatelty. I really like Quicken, and tried many otehr programs. This time I'm going to use the desktop version AND more improtantly, backup!!

This discussion has been closed.