Real time quotes setting doesn't stay deselected.

Options
dlpjm
dlpjm Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2023 in Investing (Windows)
I have turned off real time quotes off many times in preferences under Investments and clicked OK. Every time it will eventually be selected on again without my input. How do I keep it deselected. Quicken Premium always latest version. Using only one quicken data file.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It is probably the "always latest version" that is causing this problem. Sometimes settings are changed when you update Quicken. The only workaround I know is to check your settings after each update. The preference to enable Simple mode for Investing accounts is also sometimes enabled after an update.

I wish Quicken's testers would check these settings when testing updates to make sure the update does not change them.

QWin Premier subscription
  • dlpjm
    dlpjm Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for responding, this has been happening thru a couple of updates I think. I just checked and it was still unselected, updated accounts and it was selected again. It seems to reset back when I do an account update.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@dlpjm

Why do you prefer delayed quotes to real time quotes?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Rocket J Squirrel I'll let the OP answer, but some people prefer the delayed quotes because the real time quotes provide wrong or undesired data, such as data from after-hours trading or bogus data for securities that are not publicly traded.

@dlpm, Do you use Quicken's mobile apps or Quicken on the Web? Synchronizing your local database with the online data that the apps and Web version use can sometimes cause problems. If you don't use these, you should go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web and make sure Sync is turned off.

QWin Premier subscription
  • dlpjm
    dlpjm Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    What Jim said, it does not always give correct results plus I have accurate real time quotes, pre and post trading for my Investment accounts thru my trading services. Jim, Sync has always been turned off, but a good suggestion. THX.
This discussion has been closed.