Quicken is using the wrong balance to reconcile. The bank balance is correct. The exact difference amount is the total of uncleared transactions. It wants me to check off all the uncleared transactions. Of course, I won't do that. This is happening after the last update. I went through all transactions to make sure I didn't make any entry mistakes. A manual reconciliation does balance. I've been using Quicken even before I even had an internet connection, decades ago. It was so much better than using a check register. Never had a problem that was not of my own making. There seems to be so many problems since Quicken changed to a subscription format. The original problems were corrected with and update, but now another problem. I use the starter edition. Hopefully, a new update will correct this.