Quicken web missing investments

Options
Dave Anderer
Dave Anderer Member ✭✭✭
edited July 2023 in Investing (Mac)

Not a new issue I know but hopefully there is some new knowledge.

Both the web and iOS app are having problems with my investment accounts. All the accounts - from two different investment houses - are displaying the problems.

The accounts show up on the web (no missing accounts) and the cash balances are correct. Their holdings are not - seems like around 90% of the investments are missing.

I've reset the cloud and deleted and recreated the cloud. I've deleted specific investment accounts and recreated them from downloads. I've gone to recent backups. None of this seems to help.

The only thing that does seem to populate the investment accounts properly in the web is to create an entirely new, virgin Quicken datafile and download the current status of the investments from the brokerages.

But clearly that isn't an acceptable solution. I've got 20 years of data in my current datafile as well as data for a number of non-investment accounts that can not be destroyed .

Running the latest version of OSX, Quicken for Mac, iOS app, etc.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Dave Anderer Just to clarify, are you saying your accounts and holdings are correct in your desktop data file, but the Cloud (web/mobile) version is not?

Do you actively use the web/mobile interface, and is it important in your use of Quicken? I only ask because there seem to be myriad issues with syncing between desktop and Cloud files that cause users problems, and for that reason many of us here avoid using Quicken Cloud to avoid those problems. But if using this feature is important to you, we can continue trying to troubleshoot…

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Dave Anderer
    Dave Anderer Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yup, that is what I'm saying - desktop is correct, web/mobile are not.

I don't currently use the web/mobile interface but I want to. Quicken is one of the few remaining apps I have that require me to carry a laptop on trips as opposed to being available on a phone/tablet. (Yes, I know I'll still need and need to use the desktop version - but it would be nice to access the data on occasion without needing to always bring a laptop along.)

• Dave Anderer
    Dave Anderer Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I stand corrected - a fresh download does NOT work correctly either.

"The only thing that does seem to populate the investment accounts properly in the web is to create an entirely new, virgin Quicken datafile and download the current status of the investments from the brokerages."

• aberka
    aberka Member
    Options

I have the same issue. I don't want to have to carry my laptop every time I travel. My Investment accounts are correct on the desktop version, but only the cash values show up on the Web and Mobile apps. It says that my investment accounts have no holdings. How can I get it to sync the holdings?

This discussion has been closed.