Vanguard download missing an account

Options
NormG85
NormG85 Member ✭✭
I have three accounts at Vanguard. Two of them download transactions via direct connect with no problem, but 3rd one fails. Update via .qfx works for the third account. I have reset the failing account several times, but direct connect still fails. Examing qfx file with wordpad shows that I have account number at Vanguard correct. Failing account is a brokerage account that dates back to 2012. Quicken R49.29, 27.1.49.29, Windows 10. 22H2.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Looking at the OFX file after attempting a One Step Update for all Accounts, have you looked into that file to see if the "missing" Account is included at all? Did they all used to be updated when you did an OSU so this is "new" behavior, or has it always been this way?

• NormG85
    NormG85 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Have not figured out how to capture the OFX file, but I tried something else. I disabled updating for two of the accounts. Here is what my Vanguard settings show as:

Now I go to the One Step update tab to try to update the single active account and update Vanguard is not listed as an option. When the other two accounts are active, the report after OneStep update shows two accounts updated.

This behavior started about 2 or 3 months ago, at the time Quicken stopped properly showing account balances. Before that, all three accounts synced, but I could not get the "errant" account to accept the qfx file. It reported that the account did not exist in Quicken.
  • NormG85
    NormG85 Member ✭✭
    Options
    UPDATE to note of 10 minutes ago. (sorry the graphic I thought I could insert did not show). Reactivating one of the two disabled accounts immediately found reconnection to all three accounts. All three accounts now show as options in OSU. Quicken reported syncing data for all three accounts when I reactivated. Running OSU now reports three accounts synced. I think the problem has been corrected. Thanks for the help.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"Have not figured out how to capture the OFX file"

Help > Contact Support > Log Files > OFX Log

I'd guess that Account wasn't being included in there as, typically, Direct Connect is very reliable. Glad you got it sorted out.

This discussion has been closed.