Cannot set up Vantage Credit Union for Automatic Download

Options
FosterKatz
FosterKatz Member ✭✭
Until recently I had no issues with automatic downloads for vantage credit union. I deactivated the automatic downloads for a while but now I want to reset them up again. When I try to do that Quicken want me to reset up the account. It then wants me to go to the vantage credit union site and manually download the transactions. Is there anyway to automatically update my transactions or has something changed with Vantage Credit Union that I now must manually update.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The FIDIR.txt file (Financial Institutions Directory list….tells Quicken which financial institutions support Quicken, with which connection method(s) and for which types of accounts) shows the following for "Vantage Credit Union":

01024 01024 01024 Vantage Credit Union https://www.vcu.com/ 1-800-522-6009 https://gobankless.vcu.com/login ACTIVE BANKING&WEB-CONNECT NOT_QBP NA

If this is your bank, then I'm sorry to say that currently VCU does not support downloading from within Quicken. It supports only the Web Connect connection method which means you need to log into your VCU online account and manually download transactions in QFX (or "Quicken" or "Web Connect" format) an then import that downloaded file into Quicken.

To be able to download transactions from within Quicken they need to support at least one of the following connection methods: Direct Connect, Express Web Connect or Express Web Connect+.

Since it is the financial institution that owns making the decision about which connection method(s) they will contract with Intuit (the aggregator) for, you might want to contact VCU and ask if they will be implementing downloads into Quicken from the Quicken software, again, and when that might be. You might need to inquire with VCU supervision or management personnel on this since most front-line customer service people don't know much of anything about Quicken.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The FIDIR.txt file (Financial Institutions Directory list….tells Quicken which financial institutions support Quicken, with which connection method(s) and for which types of accounts) shows the following for "Vantage Credit Union":

01024 01024 01024 Vantage Credit Union https://www.vcu.com/ 1-800-522-6009 https://gobankless.vcu.com/login ACTIVE BANKING&WEB-CONNECT NOT_QBP NA

If this is your bank, then I'm sorry to say that currently VCU does not support downloading from within Quicken. It supports only the Web Connect connection method which means you need to log into your VCU online account and manually download transactions in QFX (or "Quicken" or "Web Connect" format) an then import that downloaded file into Quicken.

To be able to download transactions from within Quicken they need to support at least one of the following connection methods: Direct Connect, Express Web Connect or Express Web Connect+.

Since it is the financial institution that owns making the decision about which connection method(s) they will contract with Intuit (the aggregator) for, you might want to contact VCU and ask if they will be implementing downloads into Quicken from the Quicken software, again, and when that might be. You might need to inquire with VCU supervision or management personnel on this since most front-line customer service people don't know much of anything about Quicken.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• FosterKatz
    FosterKatz Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. I was afraid that this was the issue. They just updated their web interface to a more secure site. I was hoping it was something I was doing wrong but at least I know that it is not something I did wrong. At least for now I can download manually into quicken. Not as convenient but better than nothing.
  • Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I have always been able to download dirctly into Quicken from Vantage. They are updating their site to be more secure. I hope when that is complete, they will reinstitute Quicken automatic download.
This discussion has been closed.