Quicken Home and Business for Mac

Options
Luka
Luka Member

I subscribed to Quicken Home and Business and have a Mac for my computer at home. I didn't see anywhere that it stated that this subscription is not available for a Mac. So do they just take my money and not give me the features promised?

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

It's shown pretty prominently on the first Buy Quicken screen that it's Windows only:

You will need to call Customer Support (Support link at the top of this page) in order to downgrade your subscription. I'm not sure, but you may need to get a refund and the repurchase Premier or Deluxe.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Luka
    Luka Member
    Options

I used the button that said "Find the best plan for you (Help me choose)". Unfortunately, on that page, it is not prominently stated. I guess I'll have to get a refund, because the Premier or Deluxe packages don't provide the functionality I need. Bummer!

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Too bad. The alternative would be to run the QWin version in a Windows emulator such as Parallels Desktop or Crossover. There are some folks on here that do that. However, there is of course a cost and learning curve associated with that.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When clicking on "Find the best plan for you (Help me choose)" the following popup opens. The default set of questions is for Windows. You would need to click on "Mac" to show the questions for Mac. I do agree that this kind of layout is not terribly intuitive making it fairly easy to overlook and then getting prompted to order the wrong product. It would be better if neither "Windows" nor "Mac" were pre-selected and instead there is a prompt to select the type of system you wish to install Quicken on.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Luka
    Luka Member
    Options

I agree with you 100% - that question is essential.

This discussion has been closed.