Vanguard brockerage download stopped

Options

Until a month ago, I had no problem downloading a Vanguard brokerage account and a cash account in my Quicken Deluxe (Win). After updating the software with another yearly subscription (from April 2023), I cannot update the brokerage account while the cash account is updated.

Deactivating and reactivating online access adds only to the cash account. The Action column after entering US/PW shows the nickname in Quicken but "Don't add to Quicken" for the brokerage account. Downloading the QFX file and loading it results in the same problem.

What went wrong?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try disabling both Accounts from downloading, then do Edit > Preferences… > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts > Sign in as a different user

(you simply sign out and then sign in again with your Quicken ID and Password)

That might work.

• scchoi
    scchoi Member
    Options

Thank you for the prompt suggestion!

I followed the suggestion, but it did not work. After another search, I found a solution. I deleted the problem account—not from the left accounts pane, but from "Tools> Account List." And then reconnect/add the account. Deleting from the left pane keeps the ghost copy of the account, which is still "active" but not functioning. I needed to delete that and start fresh new.

This discussion has been closed.