Bank of America Checking Account Not Reconciling (Again!) - Online Balance vs Pending

Options
2»

Answers

• zephyr9012000
    zephyr9012000 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem here, I haven't been able to reconcile the BOA balances for a couple of weeks now. I am very close to discontinuing my subscription to Quicken and requesting a refund for the balance of my year. There is also a problem when you transfer money between BOA accounts instead of the funding being the account listed Quicken makes the source the current account. Very frustrated with Quicken.
  • CKelly
    CKelly Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem! This was corrected awhile back when BoA first made changes to their download method, but it's happening again. Very annoying.
  • rydogg1
    rydogg1 Member ✭✭
    Options

Bumping for visibility. Still no ETA on fix.

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Can't believe this is still an issue. Can't support change the program to point to the "normalizedBalance" instead of "onlineBalance"???

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• Morpheus
    Morpheus Member ✭✭
    Options

Just talked to tech support. They are about as dumb as a rock. They don't get it and kept talking over me. I had to finally hang up as they were to dumb to get what was going on. Especially David in support. If you get him, just hang up and save yourself the time.

• JKQUESTIONS
    JKQUESTIONS Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken I have seen lots of Articles on this issue:

Please make the functionality the way it was before the updated sync method to Bank of America as the new method is worse when originally worked just fine before it started syncing uncleared balances and transactions, I have turned uncleared transactions off but no way to turn uncleared balances off.

A previous article said that since the new sync method syncs whatever Bank of America sends and since Bank of America in the new method only syncs current balance including pending transactions that it is more a Bank of America standard that is causing the issue but since Quicken has the option to download or only show cleared transactions this causes an issue as the cleared transactions won't match the balance if there are pending transactions at Bank of America. This makes the reconcile function necessitate the use of using manual balance instead of synced balance and you have to manually look at the Bank of America website to get the cleared balance. this defeats the benefit of the quicken reconcile feature as applies to Bank of America. Please find a better way to sync information from Bank of America to make reconciling cleared transactions and balances better and more like the way it was before the updated

• JKQUESTIONS
    JKQUESTIONS Member ✭✭
    Options

I noticed the same thing about finishing reconcile later

and

Quicken I have seen lots of Articles on this issue:

Please make the functionality the way it was before the updated sync method to Bank of America as the new method is worse when originally worked just fine before it started syncing uncleared balances and transactions, I have turned uncleared transactions off but no way to turn uncleared balances off.

A previous article said that since the new sync method syncs whatever Bank of America sends and since Bank of America in the new method only syncs current balance including pending transactions that it is more a Bank of America standard that is causing the issue but since Quicken has the option to download or only show cleared transactions this causes an issue as the cleared transactions won't match the balance if there are pending transactions at Bank of America. This makes the reconcile function necessitate the use of using manual balance instead of synced balance and you have to manually look at the Bank of America website to get the cleared balance. this defeats the benefit of the quicken reconcile feature as applies to Bank of America. Please find a better way to sync information from Bank of America to make reconciling cleared transactions and balances better and more like the way it was before the updated

• JKQUESTIONS
    JKQUESTIONS Member ✭✭
    Options

I understand reconciling off monthly balance from paper statements will work "old school" but part of the benefit of Quicken is to be able to have daily balance checks and reconcile if you need to. So while your recommendation is a correct workaround it is not a solution for the people that want to do it daily nor does it fix the technical issue.

but I do like the workaround information as it is a correct way to show the historical proper way of old school reconciliation

• MNelson
    MNelson Member
    Options

I am all of a sudden having the same problem. It happened a while ago, and Quicken support walked me through steps to get it to show the cleared balance as opposed to the Online balance which includes pending transactions. Why is this happening again??

• axman53
    axman53 Member ✭✭
    Options

That's what we all want to know... No answers yet I'm sorry to say

• joliveto
    joliveto Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes…me too. What's WORSE…several time with Bank of America over the past couple of month I have gotten double or even triple entries during download/reconcile costing me hours to go back and fix.

I am SO frustrated how bad Quicken has gotten last couple of years. Don't use their bill payment anymore because it doesn't work half the time. Connections fail. First time in years I have been socked with a late payment…BECAUSE of Quicken!

If someone can recommend either a Program or SaaS service that can replace Quicken…I would leave it in a heart beat. SOOO fed up with program last couple of years. Quality SUCKS!

If I sound frustrated…I certainly am. I used quicken for years…before 2000 and was 100% satisfied with accuracy and bill payment. But since the split off couple years ago…equality is almost non-existent.

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Glory be… It appears to have been resolved.😁

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• axman53
    axman53 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yeah, I noticed the same thing yesterday. Let's see how long it lasts this time

• JKQUESTIONS
    JKQUESTIONS Member ✭✭
    Options

I hope its fixed. I will post if I see the error come back

• rydogg1
    rydogg1 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yep been out of town and noticed it's fixed. Didn't see what or how was fixed in the last release notes.

• JKQUESTIONS
    JKQUESTIONS Member ✭✭
    Options

so far so good. what fixed it was it a patch?

• axman53
    axman53 Member ✭✭
    Options

Good question! Quicken been silent about what the fix was so far as I know. It would nice to see formal resolution notice posted here.

This discussion has been closed.