Incorrect balance in dowloaded CapitalOne QFX?

Options
SJJ
SJJ Member ✭✭

In the last week, when I download a QFX file from CapitalOnce (another problem), the online balance in the file is one cent more than the actual online balance which I see on the web. I have examined the QFX file and the number is one cent more. Is this Quicken or CapitalOne? Is this happening with other financial companies? I have never had this happen. I am using a Windows version of Quicken. I guess I could manually adjust the file in the QFX file, but that is a lot of trouble for something that used to work.

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Capital One is the group creating the file, Quicken has nothing to do with that part, it just imports it.

I have seen this in the past and I just don't rely on the Online Balance that CapOne provides for anything, in other words, I reconcile to the paper statement and NOT the Online Balance.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Capital One is the group creating the file, Quicken has nothing to do with that part, it just imports it.

I have seen this in the past and I just don't rely on the Online Balance that CapOne provides for anything, in other words, I reconcile to the paper statement and NOT the Online Balance.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.