Navy Federal Credit Union Ongoing Connection Problem thread shows closed...but the problem continues

Options
2»

Answers

• Tiger 026
    Tiger 026 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hmmm…yes, we've seen this before…deja vu. I wonder what has gone wrong within Quicken now…or is that again…

• Brian Grafe
    Brian Grafe Member ✭✭
    Options

Just adding another voice.

For decades I've been in the habit of running 1-step daily for my NFCU and other accounts. I first ran into this particular download problem back in mid-May, leading me to do the "completely deactivate (all accounts) and reestablish 1-step" dance (certainly not my first rodeo, and I've weathered the many storms of the Intuit years)

… only to encounter the "Sorry, we encountered a problem (it's not your fault)…" pop-up window (see the May30 post/screenshot by Philippe_J above). Like others have experienced, I had a brief period of "reconnection" when I tried again on 6/24. I had been using the 'direct connect' (I think it's called? The manual download you can do from the NFCU website), so several transactions I'd already accepted were re-downloaded (and not matchable) by 1-step, but no big deal.

On 6/27 I had to do the 'deactivate/reactivate' dance again, but it seemed to work.

Then on 6/28 I mistakenly got distracted and my 2FA prompt timed out before I entered the code; so I reattempted, but Quicken seemed to 'finish,' but no data was downloaded and the whole update struck me as odd. THEN I noticed my account balances were off, and (since it had happened before) checked the opening balances and saw they'd been changed (corresponding to some particular RECENT transaction amounts that I think were among those that I'd had to delete because they couldn't be "matched").

Anyway, I corrected the opening balances, deactivated 1-step, and then tried to reestablish again, at which point I got the "Sorry" error again… and I haven't been able to reactivate since (and I have not dabbled in the manual downloads, either, just in case that had exacerbated the problem).

I called NFCU, got their 'advanced tech support' agent, who acknowledged that I'd already done everything her "guidance notes" said that I should do… so she gave me the Quicken support # and this community website address.

I don't know if someone from Quicken monitors these posts, or how to 'get their attention' (this is my first), but I added the above in case it strikes a chord / sparks an idea.

• Chuck M
    Chuck M Member ✭✭
    Options

I am in the same boat. Very frustrating to reset, deactivate, reactivate and correct opening balances. I have had intemittent outages for two years, at least. Now Quicken cannot find my accounts at NFCU. I am in manual mode. One possibly unique element: when I am connected I find message saying in effect that NFCU shows six accounts and I currently register only four, having long ago paid off home mortgage and HELOC. Quicken somewhow expects me to add back "deleted" accounts?

I have been an NFCU customer since 1970 and my Quicken data for NFCU goes back to 2001. I don't want to abandon this personal financial history. I have infrequent problems otherwise with other (non-NFCU) institutions.

Last time I talked to NFCU advance tech support, I got nowhere, Same with Quicken.

Express web connect has been the connection. There must be a better way. This has to be fixed.

This discussion has been closed.