Navy Federal Credit Union Ongoing Connection Problem thread shows closed...but the problem continues

Options
Tiger 026
Tiger 026 Member ✭✭
What is the status? Problem getting worse, not fixed. Re-open and keep open the thread issue.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Tiger 026,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community, though we apologize for any trouble you are experiencing.

Could you please provide a link to the thread you are referencing that's closed?

Also, please be aware that we do currently have an open Alert on Navy Federal Credit Union. For more info and any and all status updates, please refer to this Community Alert.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Tiger 026,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community, though we apologize for any trouble you are experiencing.

Could you please provide a link to the thread you are referencing that's closed?

Also, please be aware that we do currently have an open Alert on Navy Federal Credit Union. For more info and any and all status updates, please refer to this Community Alert.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• up4hockey
    up4hockey Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. I cannot download anything from NFCU for about 5 days now. I can sign in just fine to my account but through quicken i get this message when trouble shooting. Yes, I've done it correctly. I've been using it for a while and I have been correcting accounts as problems arise just fine. Something is wrong with NFCU and Quicken access.

• Tiger 026
    Tiger 026 Member ✭✭
    Options
    up4hockey you have it correct...I have the same issue...started this past week or so. Quicken One Step Update was completing and showing all good / green...but none of my NFCU accounts actually updated. Took me a while to realize this was occurring and see that the account no longer matched with NFCU. I attempted to fix this by deactivating all NFCU accounts in Quicken. At that point, Quicken reported the failure...indicated it was a Quicken issue and not something at my end. All attempts now to re-activate NFCU accounts in Quicken show the same error message...a Quicken issue; unable to connect with NFCU server, try again later. We need Quicken to figure this out.
  • Soon2BeanExQUser
    Soon2BeanExQUser Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issues
  • thmeyer
    thmeyer Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

Unable to download accounts (or activate) Navy Federal accounts for about a week or so. Previous discussions have been closed out. Is there a way to be notified when the problem is corrected or do we just need to try again everyday?

[Merged Post]

• Tiger 026
    Tiger 026 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello Anja. Thanks for the follow-up. I see 3-4 fairly recent discussions regarding Quicken downloads with NFCU. One discusion thread closed. The others still open. Clearly many, many NFUC/Quicken users are having a problem over many months. Seeminly no Quicken action or no Quicken notice of actions being taken. Issues seems to have fallen out of attention by the tech support folks. Clearly frustration on the NFCU/Quicken customers side.
  • Philippe_J
    Philippe_J Member
    Options

It's been two weeks now and the issue has not been resolved. Any time I try to download transactions I get a general error without any details. I accepted this level of frustration when I was paying outright for the Quicken software but since this is now a subscription service it needs to be much more stable!!!

• DAVEPLAYS1
    DAVEPLAYS1 Member
    Options

I have been getting the same error for over a week now. CC 502. The only way I can update my NFCU accounts is by logging into my NFCU account and downloading each one (checking, savings, cc, ) using the download tab. Hope this gets fixed soon…

• Tiger 026
    Tiger 026 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hmmmm...interesting how quiet Quicken tech support remain on this issue...despite it effecting ALL Quicken / NFCU customers...over many months...
  • jspinden
    jspinden Member
    Options

@Quicken Anja

Thank you for your response on this issue. This issue seems to be affecting many people and for a long length of time. For me specifically, the problem has been going on for a month at this point. As a result, we are paying for a product we are unable to use. It appears that there should be much more Quicken can do to resolve this issue for its customers. I have tried contacting Navy Federal directly but they tell me that it is Quicken's issue. I doubt that because an account from another institution is downloading. Either way, our hands are tied because neither company is fixing the problem. Thank you for being our advocate.

• Oddman
    Oddman Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken, Please contact NFCU coders.

Work together to find where it is failing.

Remedy the problem. Doesn't matter who is at fault.

This is a real problem with real people. Just get it fixed.

Ugh, why is this so hard for some companies?

• Tiger 026
    Tiger 026 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Disappointed to see that Quicken update R50.8 did NOT fix the problems with NFCU. Has anyone had success re-establishing their connection or accounts between NFCU and Quicken?
  • wgtimme
    wgtimme Member
    Options

No, I lost connection on May 23 and have not been able to resestablish even with disconnecting download and resetting. Any updates?

• Randall Holmes
    Randall Holmes Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I have been trying all week (06 - 09 June 2023) to download my cleared transactions from my bank (Navy Federal Credit Union), but no transactions are being downloaded. I am not getting any errors, just seeing that after the download process is complete Quicken says there are 0 new transactions. I know that is wrong since I can see several cleared transactions when I access my account in NFCU.

Anyone else having this issue with their banks this week?
    I am running the latest version of Quicken Premier (Release R50.8). I have also validated my Quicken file and performed multiple account resets. Nothing seems to be working.

[Merged Post]

• Randall Holmes
    Randall Holmes Member ✭✭
    Options
    My issue with Navy Federal is that no transactions are being downloaded to Quicken when I go to Update Accounts. This has been happening since sometime after 04 Jun 2023. All I get is 0 new transactions when I do an update. I have tried resetting the account, but still nothing is downloaded.
  • Tiger 026
    Tiger 026 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Randall,
    Your issue is the same as, seemingly, all other NFCU/Quicken users. We are getting the same symptoms. Some have been experiencing this for a longer period than others. Mine started in May and I noticed it the same way you did...Quicken One Step Update reported success in downloading from NFCU but the accounts did not actually update. Took me a few days to get on to this because it looked / seemed all as normal. Nothing we do at our (the customer) end corrects / fixes the fault / error. NFCU reports that it is not on their side. Quicken engineers have so far not reported any action to fix / address the issues on their end. We are at the mercy of Quicken to fix this.
  • Randall Holmes
    Randall Holmes Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, tiger 026, for confirming that I am not the only one seeing this. It frustrates me that I cannot reconcile my budget at this time, but I guess we all will just have to wait for Quicken to fix the problem.
  • Tiger 026
    Tiger 026 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Not yet sure that I can claim success, but today I was able to re-establish One Step Update with NFCU accounts. Took a couple of attempts to get all accounts to re-establish / sync but seemed to go through. Won’t feel confident until the next One Step Update if all accounts again sync as before. Perhaps it is time again for everyone to give it another try.
  • bobcashion
    bobcashion Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was also able re-connect my NFCU accounts, but no transactions get downloaded. Each of my two VISA accounts have had over 20 transactions since this problem started occurring for me back on May 24th, 2023. Now every time I run One Step Update I get no errors, but if I look at the One Step Update Summary, it always shows the same balance for these accounts. See attached pic. Both of the accounts in question had those balances back on May 24, 2023. Neither Quicken nor NFCU appear to be actively addressing this issue.

As a 20+ year Quicken user and long time fan, in my opinion the quality and reliability of this product has dropped off sharply in the past few years, especially since becoming subscription based. I've looked for alternative software solutions, but unfortunately have not found any that have the breadth and depth of Quicken functionality, so as @Tiger 026 mentioned, we remain at the mercy of Quicken to fix this.

To the Quicken team, I can only add my voice to the conversation asking you for two things; 1) please dedicate some resources to this problem to find a solution, and 2) do a better job of communicating status of these issues. As is often pointed out by the moderators on this site, we can look at the Community Alerts for updates and statuses on issues, but I just looked at the Community Alerts and the last update related to these NFCU issues was Jan 31, 2023 (Ticket #: 9807272).
    Quicken Premier for Windows - Quicken user since 1988
  • bobcashion
    bobcashion Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Anja
    So today I tried the approach which you have previously suggested to create a test file and setup my NFCU accounts in that test file. I did that and it connected to my accounts, but only downloaded data up thru May 24, 2023. I then tried a one step update and again it completes with no errors, no transactions downloaded even though there are some, and continues to show me the balance from May 24, 2023 so the problem continues. Any other suggestions to try?
  • Tiger 026
    Tiger 026 Member ✭✭
    Options

I called out Quicken when it was not working, so I should call out again now that it is working. I have fully restored all NFCU accounts. Over several days I have downloaded / sync’d successfully multiple times, and all seems to be working as it should. Hope everyone is now experiencing the same.

• bobcashion
    bobcashion Member ✭✭
    Options

@Tiger 026 glad you got your connections working again. Unfortunately, mine are still not working.

• dstrbdbyu
    dstrbdbyu Member ✭✭
    Options

Also still not working, over 1 month now. I tried a fix I found a couple weeks ago, downloading from the gear in the account in quicken. That worked exactly 1 time. Now, every time I try to download transactions either way the whole program just stops responding.

• Tiger 026
    Tiger 026 Member ✭✭
    Options

You probably have done this already, so just double checking… You did deactivated ALL NFCU accounts…before…attempting to again activate and download transactions, right? If you do not, that can be a show stopper. After deactivating…ALL…NFCU accounts, pick one account to re-activate and Quicken / NFCU will walk you through re-activating ALL accounts during the same One Step Update. Caution…before you begin, ensure you have written down all your NFCU account numbers (with their association to a specific account…savings, checking, credit card, etc.) so you can correctly re-link the correct account to each other when Quicken asks which accounts to re-link to which (this will make more sense during the process). If you have several accounts with NFCU that you track as I do, you may have to do this re-activations step a couple of times (for the accounts that don't show up the first time), but it works. Once done, it will all work again as normal. Yeah, a frustrating process, I know. (Boy do I know…)

• bobcashion
    bobcashion Member ✭✭
    Options

I echo @Tiger 026 comments. I followed those steps and have been successfully downloading transactions the past 2 days (knocking on wood here….). Hopefully this episode is behind us now.

• Rick56
    Rick56 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

I have been having the same issue as others in this thread. I was able to see a completed download but some recent cleared transactions did not download. I tried reset and it asked me to link my checking to the existing account. I had to do this for my savings and credit card accounts as well. This was a one time fix. The next time I downloaded, I had to do this again. I also tried removing the online functionality and re adding. This worked one time only and downloaded not only the new transactions but many that had already been downloaded and reconciled. Using Quicken Deluxe (R50.15) on Windows 10 (Build 19045). Please help.

• Tiger 026
    Tiger 026 Member ✭✭
    Options

Rick 56,

Try deactivating ALL NFCU accounts again…yeah, a pain…to get a clear deactivated status. Save a backup. Exit Quicken. Come back into Quicken. Then go through the steps again to re-activate one account (savings or checking) and at the same time relink all the NFCU accounts to their corresponding Quicken account. I've noticed that many times you can not just deactivate one account from a bank (e.g., NFCU) but must deactivate ALL accounts (even if they are still downloading correctly) and then re-activate them. Give it a try…can't hurt.

• Rick56
    Rick56 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Tiger 026,

You can only reset by single accounts but you are right that all for a certain institution should be deactivated before reactivating them. I did that earlier but I will be doing it again. Like you say, can't hurt.

• Tiger 026
    Tiger 026 Member ✭✭
    Options

Well that Quicken 'fix' for NFCU accounts did not take long to again crash. Deja vu all over again! Looks to have crashed soon after 6-10-2023. Same symptoms: all looks normal during One Step Update but not all accounts are updating, only some. And, same all green completion window showing successful completion…but some accounts have not actually update. Here we go again…

• bobcashion
    bobcashion Member ✭✭
    Options

@Tiger 026 I noticed recently there has been as much as a two day delay from when I see transactions posted on the NFCU website and when the transactions get downloaded into quicken. Not withstanding those delays, my downloads still seem to be working fine for now. (fingers crossed and sharply knocking on wood !!!)

This discussion has been closed.