How do I remove a Financial Institution from my password vault?

Options

I tried to set up online services download for a financial institution that failed. i deactivated the online services but the finacial institution and password remained in the password vault. I have tried both to reset the vault and delete the vault and all passwords and create a new vault with a different vault password and the financial institution list remains the same including the one I do not want in the password vault.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do you have more than one account with the financial institution? If you do and if you want that financial institution to not be in the PW Vault at all, then you must deactivate all of those accounts.

If you have deactivated all of your visible accounts for that financial institution and it still shows up the PW Vault, then I'm guessing that you have one or more accounts with that financial institution that are hidden or separate. To confirm this, go to Tools > Account List and at the bottom on the left check the box for "Shown hidden accounts". Then review the Account List to see if there might be another account(s) shown for that financial institution that are still connected and need to be deactivated.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do you have more than one account with the financial institution? If you do and if you want that financial institution to not be in the PW Vault at all, then you must deactivate all of those accounts.

If you have deactivated all of your visible accounts for that financial institution and it still shows up the PW Vault, then I'm guessing that you have one or more accounts with that financial institution that are hidden or separate. To confirm this, go to Tools > Account List and at the bottom on the left check the box for "Shown hidden accounts". Then review the Account List to see if there might be another account(s) shown for that financial institution that are still connected and need to be deactivated.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• mkulas
    mkulas Member
    Options

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.