My Quicken 2017 is registered to me under an old email

Options

My Quicken Premier 2017 is registered to me under an old email address. My online id and password is under my new email. I tried signing out of the program (preferences, Quicken ID, mobile & Alerts) but it won't give me instructions to sign in under the new email and still shows registered to me with the old email address. I also get a blank popup when prompted for password. How can I correct this? Should I do a new install? I don't use online services or cloud

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

The problem may be whether login service still works for Quicken 2017. In Quicken 2017, have you gone to Preferences > Connected Services and clicked the button for "Sign in as a different user"? Use your current Quicken ID email and password and it should log you in — unless the login service for Quicken 2017 is no longer supported.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jg777
    jg777 Member
    Options

I tried logging in as different user but it gave me an error and a blank screen that said to contact customer service. I never used to log in before. Will uninstalling and reinstalling help

• jg777
    jg777 Member
    Options

This is what I get when I try to access the Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts so I can try to sign in as different user. I can exit several times and will eventually get the Sign In As Different User and get that same blank popup window. I repeat several exits and then get this screen

BTW, I have the last update for this version

• jg777
    jg777 Member
    Options

This thread should actually be in Windows and not MAC. I guess it was very late when I first posted 😣

• jg777
    jg777 Member
    Options

So I contacted Quicken support via chat. I was told they could not help me and I need to update to the subscription service, which I do not want. Or I could register a new account under my old email that will match the 2017 Premier registration. I did that but I still get the blank popup to logon. Sigh 😔.

This discussion has been closed.