Citi Bank connectivity issue

Options
The last download for Citi Bank was on 5/20/23. Since then, I continue to receive internet connection issues or a 502 error. Is there an issue with Quicken?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

" Is there an issue with Quicken?"

There does seem to be an ongoing problem with Citi:

This was marked as "Resolved" on 5/17 but then "Reopened" on 5/23. Clearly it's not affecting everybody - my Citi Accounts are working OK - and the above FAQ suggests contacting Official Quicken Support directly.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you have this problem with Citi Checking, Savings, etc. accounts or does it only affect a Citi Credit Card?
    In the latter case, do be sure to activate your Citi credit card accounts using Citi Cards as the financial institution name, not the Citi icon or Citibank.

• Susan Westman
    Susan Westman Member ✭✭
    Options
    It's the credit card. I believe the account I'm using is the Citi Cards one. I've had this account on Quicken for years. This just happened in May so I don't understand why all of a sudden it no longer works.
  • beachmar
    beachmar Member ✭✭
    Options

Have you gotten any help from Quicken on this? I am having the same issue and get nowhere.

• pspisak28
    pspisak28 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've lost connectivity also with CC-502 error now also. Is Ticket #9363109/CTP-3605 still active for this problem with them?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I believe this may be the solution. "Citi Cards" allows Direct Connect as the connection method, which is far superior to Express Web Connect, the connection offered by "Citibank". But you have to know how to select it. First, disconnect your Citibank connection and clear out the Financial Institution and Account Number from the account details.

Then reconnect, but after choosing Citi Cards, click Advanced Options.

Then choose Direct Connect and click Next.

I wonder whether any of the people reporting problems would be willing to try this and report back.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.