Security Detail View

Options
Dennis@
Dennis@ Member ✭✭
edited July 2023 in Investing (Windows)
defaults to a one year view of price or market value every time I open it. Is there a way to make it remember the custom dates I enter that I want displayed on the graph? Q Premier, Windows 11

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It should remember the time period you last selected. It is not security specific so whatever you change it to would apply to all securities. So, if you select 5 yrs for one security, it will be 5 yrs for all securities. And if later you select 1 yr for a different security it will be 1 yr for all securities.

Let me know if this answered your question. If it doesn't, we can troubleshoot other things that might be changing your last time period setting.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Dennis@
    Dennis@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the attempt Boatnmaniac but that's not what's happening on my software. I put in a custom date range I want to see for one security and if I open any other security I get a one year history. And it doesn't matter if I back up the file first or not. Any other ideas?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ah, I get it now. I was able to replicate the issue you are seeing:

• Setting a custom time period will stay selected for all securities as long as Security Detail is not closed. But once it is closed it will revert to 1 yr the next time Security Detail is opened.
    • This does not seem to be an issue when selecting any of the preset time periods. In these cases, when I would select one of those preset time periods and then close and reopen Security Detail that same preset time period is retained.

Seems like this might be a bug. I suggest that you report it to Quicken via Help > Report a Problem. You can copy/paste the URL for this thread into your report. This process kicks the report directly to the engineering team at Quicken. I will do the same.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.