Issues with Attaching/Scanning in Documents

Options
2»

Answers

• CH8
    CH8 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks - but I prefer to have the documents linked directly to the transactions, as I use Quicken for my businesses and tax reporting. I have had this functionality historically, but recently lost it for some reason. Scanning directly into the transaction is a faster, more efficient process than scanning, saving, attaching.

• ScaryGirl
    ScaryGirl Member ✭✭
    Options

@CH8 Do you remember how you revereted back to an old version? If so, can you share? I'm wondering if Quicken has an option to not automatically update versions after we revert back.

• ScaryGirl
    ScaryGirl Member ✭✭
    Options
  • John@33
    John@33 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It's really unfortunate that some moderator merged my post with this completely unrelated post. My issue is completely separate and I would appreciate a requirement for people who actually read posts and use Quicken to be moderators and remove everyone else.

However, with time, I have learned more about the issue. The problem is that, as we all know, Quicken LOVES to "blink" or redraw the screen 17,000 times between simple actions which is why it's so slow. In some (not ALL) registers, this "blinking" after closing the Attachments window causes the new transaction to lose focus and therefore clear out without a prompt. I have found a workaround: if I INSERT a transaction in my register, enter all the details, then add attachments, when I click Done, I get prompted to save my changes (because I obviously clicked off the transaction without saving it - sarcasm).

This blinking/redrawing that Quicken does is awful and I have had it, recently, go into a never-ending blink cycle and have had to End Task with Task Manager in order to continue working.

• CH8
    CH8 Member ✭✭
    Options

Actually John@33 - your symptoms are the same as what we have been identifying. I believe they are all related. Not sure who merged them, but hopefully Quicken ID’s a solution soon as this has been a real pain for some time now.

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

@John@33 [Removed - Disruptive] When was the last time you updated your graphics driver? What version of Quicken are you using? When was the last time you validated your file. What CPU are you using? What OS and what version are you using? What graphics card do you have? What is the size of your data file? All of these could point to a valid solution [Removed - Disruptive].

I have a 100Mb data file with 20 + years of data and absolutely no blinking. I keep my attachments in such a way that I do not have to open Quicken to view them. I can find statements, receipts and so forth much faster and more efficiently that one can by attaching them in Quicken.

• SeaStar
    SeaStar Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Mean-spirited, unsupportive tone is not appropriate on Quicken Community.

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@SeaStar I was not being "unsupportive" in any way shape or manner. I was pointing out that extreme exaggeration does not help to find a solution. I then asked some questions to see how to help but I have received no replies to date.

This discussion has been closed.