My Fidelity Account is still showing double of what the account should be

Options
msmel59
msmel59 Member

When I try to download updates to my Fidelity Account it is still showing double the amount if should.

This has been the case for several months now.

I tried some of the suggestions and still not working.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

There was an announcement when this occurred, and after a few weeks, it was marked as resolved.(??)

Basically, what happened is that Fidelity started identifying the same securities (same ticker) with a different name. Therefore, your old transactions in your file built your correct value, and then the new IDs came through , and Quicken added those in as well. And thus, you had the doubling.

I knew what was going on, but I waited to see how they would handle as new transx were getting downloaded under the new name (and new cost basis). After they claimed success, I knew I would have to manually fix.

I went through the Security list and found the old and new matching securities and merged them. (I chose to use the new name going forward when prompted as I knew that is what is now being downloaded.) Everything got merged and the balance is now correct/all the older transactions use the new name.

While you likely won't encounter issues, make sure you make a backup of your file beforehand! It also would help if you have a list of your securities with the old names and their respective ticker symbols. Then, you can go into Fidelity's website and see the new name for the same ticker. Their similar, but it will make it easier to see which two you have to merge. Again, this security list is under Window:Securities and the merge option is there.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

@John_in_NC Was a QMac only issue? I'm a big Fidelity client, on QWin, and I saw no such doubling in my accts.

It's a bit curious that Fido would download new securities for QMac only.

I

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

This was listed as an issue for the Fidelity NetBenefits (401k) downloads-it didn't give any indication of other account types. I don't think it was labeled as a Mac specific issue.

The OP didn't indicate 401k-I am making the assumption that it is at that had problems a few months back.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

AAAAHHH , I don't have any NetBenefits accts … just Fidelity Investments. Mystery solved.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.