Does Memorize Investment Transactions work?

Options
Garry Blamble
Garry Blamble Member ✭✭
edited July 2023 in Investing (Windows)
I use Premier. The instruction say to right-click on an Investment Transaction and select Memorize Investment Transaction. My version, does not give me that option, only an option to memorize to the standard investment transaction list.
When I go the to standard transaction, it does have my transaction, but it won't enter it in my investment account.
Any thoughts?

Best Answers

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It works. You seem to believe there are 2 investment transaction lists; there is only one. Once the investment transaction is memorized, you can enter it into the register by opening the Memorized Investment Transaction List, choosing the transaction, and pressing the Use button.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Garry Blamble
    Garry Blamble Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've saved an investment transaction several times - They do not show up on the Memorized Investment Transaction List.
    They do show up on the Memorized Payee List, but if you use them they go into my primary checking, not my investment list.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

Something is wrong with what's happening to you. My investment transactions memorize to the correct list. I can't memorize an investment transaction into the Memorized Payee list at all.

This is the sequence I see memorizing and using an investment transaction. After pressing Use, the usual transaction edit dialog opens.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

Are you by chance attempting to memorize an "investment" transaction in a linked checking account? You must be in the investment register to get the right command sequence.

• Garry Blamble
    Garry Blamble Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks. We're getting closer. I tested it out; it does work with a reinvestment or income transaction. What I'm trying to memorize is a withdrawal from an IRA account, with most going to my checking account and some going to tax withholding.
    Seems not to work with that situation.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Is it a cash transfer, or are securities sold also? If it is a cash transfer, you should enter it in the receiving account. Please see this FAQ.

Also if you think Quicken should make improvements in this area, please review, comment, and vote on this Idea

QWin Premier subscription
  • Garry Blamble
    Garry Blamble Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks
    I think this can be closed now.
This discussion has been closed.