Customer Statements - Add a description column [edited]

Options
MPOA_Treasurer
MPOA_Treasurer Member
edited October 2023 in Reports

Under the Invoices section and clicking on an account, I click the Print button then select the customer statement report named Statements. On the customer statement dialogue box I select the customers and a date range. The report only displays the date, transaction, amount, and balance. The customer has no idea what the transaction is actually pertaining to. I would like you all to add a column for description. I clicked on the edit option for that report and nothing is editable except for the name field. My work around is tacking on an abbreviation to the transaction ID which is only a 12 character field.

4 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Gerry Monette
    Gerry Monette Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    1. Would it be possible to add the memo entered on the payments window to the statement? This would provide additional information related to the payment other than just their check number.
    2. Also on the customer statement, would it be possible to add a message field to the statement print function that would print at the bottom of all statements. I noticed the invoice has a message field available.
    3. A design option similar to the one for invoices would be nice so the form could be customized.

[Merged Post]

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Gerry Monette Could you clarify what product you were writing about. You posted your message in a Quicken Mac area, but Quicken Mac doesn't currently have customer statements at all. Is your post in reference to Quicken windows? Or about plans to develop a Home & Business version for Quicken Mac? If you can provide the context, we can get a site moderator to put your comment in the proper place. Thanks!

[Merged Post]

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

If this is about Customer Statements in Quicken for Windows HB&R
    another customer has recently posted a similar Idea: Customer Statements - Add a description column

IMHO, these Ideas should be merged into one.

Providing a little more detail about the individual invoices, payments, etc. shown on a Customer Statement would be a welcome addition to this feature.

[Merged Post]