Quicken won't let me reconcile certain accounts

Bushfolk
Bushfolk Quicken Mac Subscription Member

My software is updated and I've restarted my Mac. I can reconcile some accounts as usual, but 2 cash accounts just "gray out" when I click reconcile. Both the reconcile button bottom right as well as the menu bar at the top gray out. I have tried with multiple accounts and it works with some but not others. Any ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

it sounds like you’re selecting an account group (e.g. “Cash” or “Credit Card”) in the left sidebar rather than the actual account under that group heading.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Bushfolk

Unfortunately no! When you select an account group the reconcile button grays out right away (because you can't reconcile a group). When I go down a few different accounts in my Cash Group in the left sidebar and select them individually, most work normally with reconcile. 2 of them however look like you are able to choose reconcile, but when you do (either with the lower right button or in the top menu), both the button and the top menu gray out. Thanks for any more ideas of things to check!

• Bushfolk

I figured it out! Apparently the last time I reconciled those 2 particular accounts I had used a 2nd screen and dragged reconcile over there. This meant that since I wasn't now hooked up to that extra monitor, the reconcile window was effectively hidden from me even though I had opened it. I just noticed it at the very bottom of the Window menu and connected to the external monitor to see if that worked. Interesting that Quicken keeps that remote location as a setting for future reconciles, and good to know to check the Window menu!

Thanks so much for the ideas and community help!

• jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2023

I just noticed it at the very bottom of the Window menu and connected to the external monitor to see if that worked. Interesting that Quicken keeps that remote location as a setting for future reconciles

Actually, since you saw it at the bottom of the Window menu, it sounds like the Reconcile window for this account was left open previously. That would explain why the Reconcile button and menu selection were grayed out — because the Reconcile window was already open.

I think you’ll find that if you close the window on the second monitor, detach the second monitor, relaunch Quicken, and click Reconcile for this account, it won’t open off the screen.

In any case, I’m glad you got it figured out. 😀

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.