Share Balance Error

Options
Account overview and Investing Portfolio shows total shares as 180. The detail account transactions in the description column are correct at 104 shares but the share balance is incorrect at 180.

I have validated and updated, no errors. Quicken says the data and the brokerage are in balance.

Any thoughts would be appreciated as I am seeing this on other transactions. It is affecting the market value on reports.

Best Answer

• CaptainMurray
    CaptainMurray Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for the response. I deleted it and I am in balance.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Adding up the shares shown in your 1st graphic … I come to 180. So why do you say 104?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• CaptainMurray
    CaptainMurray Member ✭✭
    Options
    104 is the brokerage statement. If you add the shares in the description column on Account Transactions it is 104. The share balance column is incorrect.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your records associated with the 6/6/22 20:1 stock split are messed up. The Bought of 76 shares on that date is not applicable and should be deleted (apparently).

On that date, your holding (shares held) went from 4 shares (a lot of 1 share and a lot of 3 shares) to 80 shares for an increase of 76 shares. Your records are making that happen with the stock split and the duplicating that increase with the Bought 76 shares.

I’d say delete that bought transaction.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@q_lurker NAILED it. You're over by 76 shares, the exact amount of that erroneous "buy". Delete it

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• CaptainMurray
    CaptainMurray Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for the response. I deleted it and I am in balance.
This discussion has been closed.