Quicken Swapped Online Account Data For 2 Accounts. How Do I Fix It?

Options
hugh_mul
hugh_mul Member ✭✭✭
Somehow one of my Schwab accounts got "deAuthirized" and stopped downloading transactions. When reauthorizing it, Quicken put the Schwab info into an old Discover Card account. Now the Schwab account has no account info and the Discover Card is downloading from Schwab. I can't add account credentials to the inactive Schwab account nor copy and paste the Discover credentials back into the Schwab account. What to do?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Do you have a backup file from just before this issue was observed? If so, restore it. That is likely the fastest and easiest fix for this issue.

Also, when you reauthorize any accounts (or even if you change an account's connection method, Reset Account or deactivate/reactivate an account) always make sure to look very closely at all of the information if/when Quicken asks you what to do with the data that was downloaded. It seems something has happened causing Quicken to not match the downloads as reliably as in the past. The result can be an issue similar to what you describe.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• hugh_mul
    hugh_mul Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    What creates the linkage between the account name and the type of account? My Schwab brokerage account is considered a credit card now and my Discover card is considered a retirement account. Changing the account names does nothing. Can't move the accounts to their correct category, the Schwab account won't leave the credit card category for example. Without having to delete and recreate these accounts (lots of activity in Schwab account) how do I fix this?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You are correct that changing the account names does nothing….they are just account names. Once an account Type has been changed it cannot be corrected or "fixed". This is why I suggested restoring the backup file (from before when this problem started). Did you try that and what was the result?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.