R50.xx - tax planner display issues (edit)

Options
msills255347
msills255347 Member ✭✭

Was working fine until 50.5 update. Empty fields and erroneous tax estimates display. If clicking details and then going back to the summary the data then suddenly display. Was working just fine until Quicken's most recent "fix". A recurring theme

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if you haven't done so already, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.   

(CTP-6982)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

The current version of Q is R49.33.
    What's "50.5"? Is it a Beta or Staged version?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@NotACPA and all

R50.5 was also note on this other TT import posting.

No idea where it came from.

Not being pushed down via internal update.

Not on Update page either.

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• CharlieG
    CharlieG Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I have the same problem with the Tax Planner display in R50.5.

FYI - Quicken pushed this version to me. When I ran Quicken a few days ago I immediately got a screen saying there was an update to install. I did not request a Beta or Staged version. [Removed - Speculation] Or could it have been released and then pulled back due to issues?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

R 50.5
    This is the monthly features update for June, plus a lot of bug fixes, plus a few new bugs, apparently. Updates were made available yesterday, 6/1/23, without any fanfare.

As usual, the update was pushed to a limited number of guinea pigs, er, customers. But the announcement about the update, also as usual, lags behind by a day or two.
    If you can't get the update using Help / Check for Updates wait a day or two.
    At last check, the full patch update (aka Mondo Patch) has not been updated yet, but keep looking at the webpage … it'll come.
    Release Notes: Try Help / Release Notes (since I've already updated, mine show the R 50.5 Release Notes)

As to the Tax Planner Display problem on the Home tab, Projected Tax view:
    Yes, I also had the same problem. But accessing the Tax Planner, reviewing a few of my numbers and then exiting it refreshed the Home tab's view and it now shows correct data

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was able to install R50.5.

I made a copy of my tax file name to just four letters. Example File.tax2022

It had NO password associated with the file.

I left the copy in the TurboTax directory. C:\Users\MyName\Documents\TurboTax

I then went ahead and attempted to import the file into Quicken and it finally imported. No errors.

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• CharlieG
    CharlieG Member ✭✭
    Options
    For me the tax planner display can be "fixed" by accessing the Tax Planner, reviewing a few number and exiting Tax Planner as several users have described above. The display on he Home page now shows the correct data - until I close Quicken and reopen it. After a close and reopen I'm back where I started with an incorrect display on the Home page.
  • mindolov
    mindolov Member ✭✭
    Options

When will this self-inflicted (by Quicken) problem be fixed?

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I got the 50.5 update yesterday 6/1.

• CharlieG
    CharlieG Member ✭✭
    Options
    Now that it's clear that this is a bug, I've reported the problem to Quicken.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For me, it's a recurring problem since the update to R 50.5.
    I can fix it in one Quicken session, but when I exit Quicken and start it again later, the Home tab's Projected Tax view is full of zeros again.

🙁

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@UKR

I see the same thing. Was able to populate the fields by going by opening the Tax Planner and clicking Tax Planner Summary.

It also reverts back to all "0"'s after you close and reopen Quicken.

I reported it via Report a Problem.

☹️

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Update

I contacted Chat and the wanted me to revert to R49.33 using same data file as R50.5 . So I did and my numbers were there.

If you contact Chat here is my ticket number for reference. Chat ticket number is T10286495

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

When I was on 50.5, once I went in the tax planner and back out, the values displayed. I restarted Quicken and the values were still there and not zero.

I was updated to 50.8 (no warning to stop the update, UGH) and no the values stay zero (even after when I go into the planner and back out) after restarting Quicken.

Oh Quicken, can we ever get this right….

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@jfclague

Did you use the Report a Problem that you can access in Quicken?

You should also contact Chat at the following link.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

You should increase your UAC (User Account Control).

This may help plus it will also be applied to other some not all software installations.

As noted above I reverted back to R49.33 because of this problem.

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CharlieG
    CharlieG Member ✭✭
    Options
    R50.8 did not resolve the issue for me either.
  • jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@CharlieG

It looks like R50.8 release did not include a fix for this Tax Planner issue. (Showing 0"s)

If you haven't use the Report a Problem that is accessible in Quicken.

Also contact Chat as noted in one of the above posts.

• maxwelwp
    maxwelwp Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited June 2023
    Options

Since update to recent releases, in the Planning Tax Center, the projected tax values are all reported as ZERO when opening the Tax Center. Clicking on any line item of the Project Tax to display popup window then closing, the values in the projected tax are then updated. Issue reoccurs after closing Quicken and opening at a later time.

[Merged Post]

“Never stop dreaming,never stop believing,never give up,never stop trying, andnever stop learning.”
    Quicken user since 1993

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I confirm what you are seeing.

[Merged Post]

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Has been noted at this post.

Within that post is information (link) to Chat support and how to report the problem within the software if you haven't already done so.

I'll include it here anyway.

Chat (scroll down towards bottom).

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

[Merged Post]

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Same problem. Reported to Quicken.

[Merged Post]

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if you haven't done so already, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.   

(CTP-6982)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• CharlieG
    CharlieG Member ✭✭
    Options

Just updated to R50.13. It did not fix this issue for me.

• bajohnson_47
    bajohnson_47 Member ✭✭
    Options

Still the same problem with R50.13

• CharlieG
    CharlieG Member ✭✭
    Options

R50.14 does not resolve this issue.

• Sean C
    Sean C Member
    Options

Come on, Quicken, this is ridiculous. Still seeing zeros in Tax Planner. I go into Tax Planner and come back out and it shows the figures again. Then when I come back to Quicken later after closing, I have to go through this process again. Please fix this issue!

• CharlieG
    CharlieG Member ✭✭
    Options

R50.15 does not resolve this issue.

• CharlieG
    CharlieG Member ✭✭
    Options

R50.16 does not resolve this issue.

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This post says this has not been fixed in the most recent update R51.10

@Quicken Kristina

Can you get us an update on this bug. (CTP-6982)

This discussion has been closed.