Net Worth Account Selection Not Working

Options
MSStateDawg
MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭

Click the net worth figure in the lower-left, click the account drop-down at the upper-right, click Custom, select the accounts you want included in the net worth calculation.

I have an asset account which I do not want included in the net worth calculation. It is unselected in the account drop-down list but is still being included.

Is this a bug which I should report? If it is by design then please explain this rationale.

Thanks.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What version of Quicken are you on? (Help > About Quicken)

Sometimes problems are "version specific", sometimes problems are "local", i.e., some issue with your file. Indicating your version would allow somebody else who also uses that version to see if they can replicate the problem.

My version of Quicken - I purposely lag behind using the latest and greatest version - worked properly here. A de-selected Asset Account wasn't included, re-selecting it put it back into the calculation.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The problem here is that nobody is really quite sure what "the latest version" really refers to. When Quicken creates a new version they don't announce that to the world as "Version XX.XXXX" is the latest version. Instead, the silently start slipping their new version to a small set of Quicken users, presumably selected randomly, to see if problems associated with that latest version start popping up. So until they officially announce that the latest version has been released, different users - all believing that they are on the latest version - actually have different versions.

• MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have 50.8, but the problem has existed for a long time.

This discussion has been closed.