Transfer of Accounts

Options

I have investments in TD Ameritrade and one in Charles Schwab. On May 30 TD Ameritrade transitioned over to Charles Schwab. I have a new user name. Can I just go in and download and it will download accounts or do I need to create new acounts?

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

This answer is from the "Windows" side of the house, but I'd bet it's applicable to Mac versions too. You will need to either create a new Account in Quicken or, (and this MIGHT BE Windows-specific), disconnect the currently established TD Ameritrade Account, change the Financial Institution and Account number information, then connect the "old" Account to Schwab.

You do need to have a "Schwab" Account already established - one way or the other - to initiate a download into that Account.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

This answer is from the "Windows" side of the house, but I'd bet it's applicable to Mac versions too. You will need to either create a new Account in Quicken or, (and this MIGHT BE Windows-specific), disconnect the currently established TD Ameritrade Account, change the Financial Institution and Account number information, then connect the "old" Account to Schwab.

You do need to have a "Schwab" Account already established - one way or the other - to initiate a download into that Account.

• Fredrik
    Fredrik Member
    Options

I'm using Quicken for Mac and I migrated my Ameritrade to Schwab account and everything came through fine except for the cost basis of the securities. I'm not sure if I am reading it correctly, but all the cost bases are listed as $0.00. How can I resolve this?

This discussion has been closed.