Hiding VOID transactions

Ted Gilmore
Ted Gilmore Member ✭✭
How can I "hide" transactions in the check register that I have tagged as VOID? They will never clear the bank, and I am sick of looking them every time that I open the register. Thanks.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

You can't hide any transaction. But you have a few easy options…

If you truly never want to see them again, you can delete the transactions.

But most people want a just-in-case-I-need-it record of a voided transaction (which I recommend). So:

• Edit the voided transaction and in the Memo field, enter "VOID", the original amount and, optionally, the reason it's voided.
    • Change the amount to zero.
    • Mark the transaction as reconciled. (Two ways to do that: wait until your next reconciliation and mark it reconciled, or in your register, you can Option-click the Clr checkmark twice to turn it to a green circle checkmark.)

Now the transaction has zero dollar value and it's reconciled, so you'll never see it in another reconciliation, and it will fade into history in your register. 😀

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

One other kind of over the top option, if you really want them out of the register but don't want them totally gone would be to create a Cash account named "Voided", mark it as a hidden account, and move the voided transactions to the Voided account.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.