When I open Quicken, I get an old backup.

Options
Lyndasue0
Lyndasue0 Member ✭✭
When I open Quicken, I get a backup that is 4 months old. I cannot find the newest backup which would have been about 3 weeks ago. Where can I find the newest backup? What am I doing wrong? This happened after Quicken updated.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do a Windows search for files ending in .QDF-Backup

But why are you opening a backup file instead of your current QDF file?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Bruce Austin
    Bruce Austin Member
    Options

Would someone please comment further one the question of "why are you opening a backup file instead of your current QDF file?" I'm not well versed on the subject, but think I'm having the same type of problem. Wife was having computer problems, so I tried to use her local backups on her thumb drive to open them on my computer, and I have the same problems, an old backup from 2016? comes up. It appears all correct until you look at the transactions, all way out of date.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you sure that you are really opening an old backup file instead of a current file?
    What is the complete name of the currently open file? You can see this name by looking at the File Menu. Near the bottom of the menu is a numbered list of up to 4 last used file names. The file numbered "1" is the currently open file.

It's also possible that the account register which you're looking at is not sorted correctly by Date, in ascending order, showing newest transactions at the bottom of the list. It's also possible that the register is positioned to show the top of the list instead of the bottom. Drag the vertical scroll bar all the way to the bottom.
    Also ensure that the complete register is shown. A Filter in effect will hide transactions. If a Reset button shows at the top of the register view, click it to reset any filters.
    To sort the register by Date click the "Date" column header. This should result in the Date column header now also showing "▲" or "▼" to indicate that the register is now sorted ascending or descending.
    After verifying register sort order by Date, ascending, and scrolling all the way to the bottom: Do the new transactions show or are they still missing?

This discussion has been closed.