How to install Q2016 on new computer (edit)

Options
whe42
whe42 Member

I have quicken 2016 premier and tried to install on my windows 11 computer. I installed the mondo 19..5 patch along with the 13 and 16 patches. When I try to sign on to my account the info flashes on but then goes to a page that says quicken 2016 premier a ewhee's quicken data - {home} but is blank. At the bottom it just has need help? with the qicken phone number. I did note that it never asked me to log on. I have unistalled twice and reinstalled with out success Any suggestion

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

See this thread, it is about 2017, but the solution is still the same. Hopefully you still have your previous computer with Quicken still installed on it.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• whe42
    whe42 Member
    Options

Yes I tried that. I was unable to find the registration info with the C: thread that was given. I may not be looking in the right spot but in my old computer when I put that thread in the search line at the bottom it says not found. Do I need to look a different way?

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

C:\ProgramData is a hidden folder. You probably need to show hidden files and folders in File Explorer.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • whe42
    whe42 Member
    Options

ok Ill try that and once I find it I should copy and then replace same file with it in my new computer?

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, that's correct.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • whe42
    whe42 Member
    Options

So I was finally able to get it to work. The problem in finding the file was on my computer you had to use …intuit\quicken… so when i didn't have the intuit in the file name it would not find it. Thank you for your help and perhaps this issue may have occured to others and will help them.

This discussion has been closed.