How do I get my old Quicken99 onto my new computer?

Options
DLBS
DLBS Member

I recently got a new computer, and when the retailer transferred all my data from old to new computer, my old Quicken99 isn't opening. Is it just too old or is there a way to recover the data from the transfer? I've contacted Geek Squad and they weren't able to do anything with Quicken. I have the old disk, but there is no way to use it with the new computer to reinstall the old program. Help!!

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have the old disk, but there is no way to use it with the new computer to reinstall the old program. Help!!

Copy the contents of the old disk to a thumbdrive and install it on the new computer from it.

I don't remember is Q99 is 16 or 32 bit, but it is 16, I'm pretty sure you are out of luck.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you can't get it installed you might be able to convert to a newer version. You can get Q2013 for free at the link below. You will have to go though a couple intermediate versions first to get to 2013. I’m staying on 2013. Starting in 2014 they instituted an ID password to get into your own data. Then it should be more stable and run on newer computer systems.

FYI - All Quicken versions prior to QW2010 store your data in a series of files all sharing the same filename but with different extensions like - .IDX, .QEL, .QPH & .QDF, and all 4 of those files were rolled into a single-file .QDF in starting in 2010.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.