Adding Chase credit card, Quicken thinks it's a checking account

Options

I've tried over and over for months to add a Chase credit card. It's the only account I have with Chase. I do the Chase sign-in and go through those steps and when I get back to Quicken, Quicken thinks it's a checking account and tries to link it to existing checking accounts. If I choose Add to Quicken, it still adds it as a checking account. Any ideas how to make this work?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What is this credit card's account type, as it has been defined in Quicken? I assume this account register does already exist …
    Please look in Edit Account Details, General tab, for the "Account Type".
    If it says "Checking", I'm afraid you will have to create a new account register, Type = Credit Card, and connect it to the bank. Existing account register's account types cannot be changed on the fly.
    Also, while in Edit Account Details, look in the Online Services tab. Does it show a button "Deactivate" or does it show "Setup now" or "Activate"?
    If it says "Deactivate", then the account is already activated and connected.

• SteveW2929
    SteveW2929 Member
    Options

The account type in Quicken is "Credit" and Online Services tab shows "Setup Now".

I don't know if it makes any difference, but I download some investment accounts and they work fine…also have a couple checking accounts that work fine. This is the first Credit Card that I've tried and it always tries to link to a checking account.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@SteveW2929, is this a true CREDIT card, where you don't pay until you receive the statement?

OR is it a DEBIT card where the money is taken from your HSA account immediately? This would be a checking acc in Q.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• SteveW2929
    SteveW2929 Member
    Options

True credit card, not debit. Don't pay until receive the statement.

• SteveW2929
    SteveW2929 Member
    Options

I'm stumped. I was able to link a different Chase credit card account tonight and one from Citi, no issues. I've tried this one over and over with no luck. Quicken thinks it's a checking account. Even on the Chase site it shows: CREDIT CARD (...XXXX)

If I wanted to try to make a new account in Quicken for this and try to connect that just to see if it makes any difference, will that mess anything up or anything I'm not thinking about?

This discussion has been closed.