Need to manually add stock symbol VTI every time I'm doing a transaction (??)

Options
Yaku.ve
Yaku.ve Member ✭✭
edited July 2023 in Investing (Windows)
This has been happening for a while and is annoying. When I'm doing any transaction related with VTI stock, I need to "add" it as a new security. Ii will be added to my total of VTI stocks and everything else goes like normal, but is really annoying that every time it will get me thru the process as it was the first time buying this stock. All others are OK, is just VTI.
Any ideas, fix ?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you entering these transactions manually or downloading them?

If you go to Tools > Security List, and check the Show hidden securities box, is there more than one VTI security?

QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I interpret what you are saying is that VTI does not show up in a pulldown of stock selections each time you add a transactions for that security.

If that is the case, I suspect you have the security type for that security set to Market Index.

If that is the case, then I suggest you change that Security Type setting to anything else. You can use Type = Stock, Mutual Fund, or Other. You can create your own Type = ETF, if you choose. Type = Market Index should be reserved for non-tradable indices like the DJIA 30, S&P 500,, etc.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

VTI - Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund ETF

it should be listed in your Quicken —> Tools —> Security List - and not marked as …. [x] Hidden

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Yaku.ve - so…. what's happening - mystery resolved ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.