Can't link existing Schwab account on website to existing Schwab account in Quicken

Options
ErikO
ErikO Member ✭✭
Existing Schwab account online. Existing Schwab account in Quicken. I want to link the two. I jump through the hoops and get to the "Add Account" screen. Link to existing account, shows 18 accounts, 10 of which are old/deactivated. There is no way to scroll to other accounts to find the active account to link with!

What is the fix for this? Why am I seeing deactivated accounts? Why aren't all active accounts shown? It seems someone coded an arbitrary number of accounts to show rather than showing ALL accounts? Makes no sense.

Please advise.
Tagged:

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are all those old/deactivated Accounts actually hidden and "closed" in Quicken with the red circle and line slash next to them? If not, then I'd try actually using Quicken's Close action on those Accounts and see if that improves things.

• ErikO
    ErikO Member ✭✭
    Options
    All old/deactivated Accounts were hidden, but not closed. Will close them and try again.

Still seems like a workaround. I have more than 18 active accounts if you total bank, credit, investment & retirement. Seems like a simple fix would be for Quicken to display ALL unhidden accounts instead of arbitrarily showing only 18 (hidden & unhidden) and let the user choose whether they want to scroll or close accounts to remove them. I'll never understand a SW guy choosing a limiting number for a sort. Let me (the user) decide if I want to wait 3 minutes for all accounts to pull up or not. :)
  • ErikO
    ErikO Member ✭✭
    Options
    Update, closing accounts did not make a difference. The number of potential accounts went down from 18 to 12.

However, I did notice that the "Nickname in Quicken" was set to a credit card instead of an IRA. It was greyed out, so I assumed I couldn't change it, but it turns out that the field was editable, it just looked like it wasn't. I changed the name to what the name was in Quicken and tried to link to an existing account again and it worked.

Net-net, edit the "Nickname in Quicken" field, even though it doesn't look editable.....
This discussion has been closed.