Add a "Mark All Downloaded Transactions BELOW THIS POINT as Reviewed"

Options
Jim3
Jim3 Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Investments

I reconcile my investment accounts against my statements after downloading transactions, but usually it is not until weeks have passed and downloaded transactions for the current month are also downloaded. As part of my "reconciliation" I clear all the blue dots for all downloaded transactions and then individually mark the ones from the current month as Not Reviewed. This is tedious when there are many. I want to click the blue dot on the last transaction I reviewed (month end) and clear all transactions below that point. My transactions are in reverse chronological order so BELOW THIS POINT means PRIOR TO THIS TRANSACTION. But BELOW THIS POINT is visually more meaningful and it might be helpful ways I cannot imagine by someone who orders it differently.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Jim3 Since some people sort transactions in descending date order and some sort in ascending date order, I'm not sure "below this point" would be universally useful. But let me ask a question: why not just select the entire range of transactions and mark them reviewed in one step? That is: click the first transaction, Shift-click the last transaction, and Control-click anywhere in the range of selected transactions and select "Set Status of Selected Transactions to Reviewed" (or "Not Reviewed", depending how you're doing it) from the pop-up menu. It takes three clicks, but that's not too painful.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993