Citi Credit Cards with positive balance display wrong in the spine

Options
hcrock
hcrock Member ✭✭
Citi credit cards that have a positive balance in (Version 7.1.1 (Build 701.49349.100)) using Citi Credit Cards Direct connect shows a negative balance in the spine but the correct positive balance when viewing the transactions.

I tried reconciling the account which is forcing an adjustment of double the positive balance in order for the transaction total to reflect a negative balance.

After reading through older postings I downloaded transactions directly from Citi which caused the spine and the transaction totals to both correctly reflect the credit balance.

This appears to be a Quicken error as the direct download from Citi is correct.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

When you say the balance is correctly positive, are you indicating that it is correct that you have a balance where the credit card company owes you money due to over overpayment or refund? Credit card balances are almost always negative, indicating you owe them money.

Is the running Balance amount in the transaction register the same numerical value as the number in the left sidebar, but one is positive and one is negative of the same number?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • hcrock
    hcrock Member ✭✭
    Options
    The credit card was over paid, the credit card company owes me money.

The register correctly shows the balance in black as a positive number, ex. 500.00.

The spine shows the number in red with a negative sign indicating that I owe money, ex. -500.00.

When you perform a reconciliation Quicken wants to make an adjustment double the amount. If I accept this adjustment the register will show a negative balance when the account has a positive balance, ex. -1000.00 adjustment to make the register balance -500.00.

When I manually imported, in Quicken format, the most recent transactions/balance directly from the Citi website everything was correct. The spine, the register and the reconciliation.
This discussion has been closed.