Custom reports and Securities - Add ALL Automatically?

Options
MrZipp
MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
edited July 2023 in Reports (Windows)

Even though I have numerous saved reports that I have selected 'include ALL securities', when I purchase a new security through my online broker, the custom reports don't automatically include the new one. I don't understand why 'INCLUDE ALL' doesn't actually include all? thx

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When you save a report, there is a dialog that asks how you want Quicken to handle newly added Accounts, Securities, Categories, and Tags. You can choose to Lock the report, add them automatically, or warn you about changes.

QWin Premier subscription
  • MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the note. I am well aware of the dialog box - been using Quicken since mid-90's. My issue is that if I choose ALL securities, why doesn't it stay that way? The report drops back to SELECT securities if I add a new one. I am hoping to request a change that ALL means All. Probably won't happen, but it's time consuming to reset each of my various reports so often. Any thoughts on this?

Have a great day!

Mr Zipp

• Jim_Harman
    Options

I think the design intent is that "All" means "All at the time the report was saved", not "All when the report is run".

If you want it to add new items automatically when the report is run, you can select "Add automatically" when you save the report. If that does not work for you, please explain.

• MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi again - I have not seen an 'Add Automatically' option in Quicken Premier. Where would that be?

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

FWIW, @MrZipp that is probably a factor why I save so few reports. My preference setting is to have ‘new’ reports open to the customization settings. I am so frequently customizing on accounts, securities, time frame, etc. it just makes more sense to me to not bother saving reports.

• MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Gotcha - for me, I've got about 15 customized reports I use often, and a few others less so. As I developed my favorite reports, I like to keep them. Even on the Dashboard, the default charts, like Allocation by Account, don't keep the check to use all securities. Drops back to select each time. Just a super nuisance.

🤣

• Jim_Harman
    Options

This is the dialog that comes up when you save a report. See the highlighted selection

If you choose Warn me (the default) and add items, I think you will have to save the report if you don't want to be warned again the next time you run the report. Please experiment and let us know if this works for you!

• MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thx - Never noticed that!

This discussion has been closed.