Edit payees name on multiple transactions at once

Options
Partzhead
Partzhead Member ✭✭

Is there a simple way edit payee name on multiple transactions at once? I am trying to clean up older transactions where the downloaded payee names are all slight variations of the same payee. The most common auto gas purchases from same station. I have "Chevron" then "Chevron 314" then "Chvnhurtx" for the same location. I know this is a common problem that probably has a simple answer. I am using a PC with windows 10 home edition. Quicken Premier

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can select multiple transactions in Quicken for Windows just like selecting multiple anythings in Windows using either the SHIFT key to select a range of transactions or the CTRL key to select non-contiguous transactions.

After making the select, right click on one of the selected transactions and select "Edit transactions" from the drop down list.

From there you can pick the field you want to change and what you wont it changed to.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can select multiple transactions in Quicken for Windows just like selecting multiple anythings in Windows using either the SHIFT key to select a range of transactions or the CTRL key to select non-contiguous transactions.

After making the select, right click on one of the selected transactions and select "Edit transactions" from the drop down list.

From there you can pick the field you want to change and what you wont it changed to.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Partzhead
    Partzhead Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you. It worked. I think my issue was that I was working from the spending details page. Once I went to the account page for the transactions, everything worked fine.

This discussion has been closed.