Possible to change display of category breadcrumbs?

Options
petereberhardt
petereberhardt Member ✭✭
Is it possible to hide the preceding category when clicking into the piechart?

For example, the first photo shows all of the main categories that I am trying to clean up and just have three main categories: Personal, Business, and Rental

If I create these three main categories, and have sub categories with sub sub categories, clicking into the pie chart displays ALL the sub sub categories right away with the whole path of the expense (photo 2). Is there a setting so that I can have the sub category display in the second photo be just like the main category display with no preceding category titles and it won't list the succeeding sub categories until you click into it?
Tagged:

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't know of any way to customize the pie charts as you would like. Try running textual reports instead. Those will show subcategories indented from their parent categories and will be easier to read.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken's charts are not very configurable. You may be able to get the results you want by exporting the report data to Excel and plotting it there.

Also rather than having main categories as broad as Personal, Business, and Rental, you might want to use Category Groups for that level. You can then easily select just one group at a time in the Spending by Category report for more detailed reporting and the pie chart will not show the group name. Category Groups also flow nicely into Quicken's Budgets.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.