How to handle recurring automatic credit card payments already set up with card issuer

Options
I've set up automatic monthly payments for the balance for all of my credit cards with the card issuers. I'm not sure whether there's any reason or advantage to setting them up in Quick Pay? I've tried it but it seems redundant as I do NOT need Quicken to send these payments. I welcome all suggestions in response.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I would recommend leaving your recurring payments scheduled with your credit card issuers. It is more reliable and since they have committed to making the payment on a specific date, they are accountable for any screw ups that might occur (which fortunately is a rather rare occurrence).

Quick Pay usually works well but does not currently work with banks that have cut in EWC+ (replacing DC and EWC). And if you search through this Community forum you will find a few posts by people who said the Quick Pay did not occur as they were scheduled or where they ran into an issue getting a Quick Pay set up. So why take that chance?

I have done the same thing with almost all of my billers where I can clearly and quickly verify the accuracy of the bills….credit cards, electric, cable/internet, mobile, insurance, trash/recycling, etc. I don't do this with anything medical or dental because too often the bills are not accurate and need to be disputed (especially with dental bills). And I still use Bank Bill Pay for 2 bills (water/sewer and POA dues) because they will charge me a fee if I pay by any other method.

In summary: No, there is no advantage of using Quick Pay vs. the payment method you now have set up.. And there are potential disadvantages if you were to switch to Quick Pay.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I would recommend leaving your recurring payments scheduled with your credit card issuers. It is more reliable and since they have committed to making the payment on a specific date, they are accountable for any screw ups that might occur (which fortunately is a rather rare occurrence).

Quick Pay usually works well but does not currently work with banks that have cut in EWC+ (replacing DC and EWC). And if you search through this Community forum you will find a few posts by people who said the Quick Pay did not occur as they were scheduled or where they ran into an issue getting a Quick Pay set up. So why take that chance?

I have done the same thing with almost all of my billers where I can clearly and quickly verify the accuracy of the bills….credit cards, electric, cable/internet, mobile, insurance, trash/recycling, etc. I don't do this with anything medical or dental because too often the bills are not accurate and need to be disputed (especially with dental bills). And I still use Bank Bill Pay for 2 bills (water/sewer and POA dues) because they will charge me a fee if I pay by any other method.

In summary: No, there is no advantage of using Quick Pay vs. the payment method you now have set up.. And there are potential disadvantages if you were to switch to Quick Pay.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Jack's iMac
    Jack's iMac Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you,

This discussion has been closed.