Deleting a schedule series from 'Bills & Income' also deletes splits in transactions created from it

Options
clyde_gerber
clyde_gerber Member ✭✭

I have a paycheck set up on a schedule in 'Bill & Income' with splits for taxes, etc. I no longer need the schedule series so I selected 'Delete Series'. This resulted in deleting splits from transactions created by the schedule entry.

I have trouble believing this is by design.

What is the proper way to delete a schedule series without deleting the splits created from the series?

I am running Quick for Mac Version 7.1.1 (Build 701.49349.100) on Mac OS version 13.4.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You have posted this in the Windows section of the forum. Is this a Mac issue?

I have not seen anything called a "schedule series" or a "Delete Series" option in QWin.

Are you saying that you created a Paycheck using Quicken's Paycheck Wizard, used it for a while, and then deleted the Paycheck, and that deleting the Paycheck affected the previously entered transactions?

QWin Premier subscription
  • clyde_gerber
    clyde_gerber Member ✭✭
    Options

I am using Quicken for Mac Version 7.1.1 (Build 701.49349.100) on Mac OS version 13.4.

There is a 'Bills & Income' tab in Quicken for Mac the full list is ('Home', 'Reports', 'Budget', 'Bills & Income', 'Calendars', 'Alerts').

In the 'Bills & Income' tab there is a button labeled 'New Income' which will create a new schedule entry.

Once the entry has been created, there is an option available via the elipsis ('…') button labeled 'Delete Series'.s

• clyde_gerber
    clyde_gerber Member ✭✭
    Options

I reposted the question under Quicken for Mac…

This discussion has been closed.