One Step Update-Unchecked Account

Options
GTmem
GTmem Member ✭✭

Will admit this is a minor nuisance, but I cant figure out how to address. When I launch, One Step Update all my accounts except one: Quicken eTrade, is checked. When I check this account and hit apply, everything runs fine. However, the next time I run One Step Update, that same account is unchecked again. How can I get it to remember that I want it checked?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @GTmem,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• GTmem
    GTmem Member ✭✭
    Options

That did not work…. Interestingly, I was going to to try and delete and reactivate. When I inactivated it, the account that was below it is now unchecked (a Raymond James account). once I reactivated the account, this etrade account was unchecked and the Raymond James account was checked again. So it looks like whichever account is 18th on the list gets unchecked by default. Its a nuisance because the 18th row is the first row "below the fold" on the dialog box so its easy to miss. Rows 19 to the end do remain checked.

• mikeweberatl
    mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

When I use One Step, all my accounts are unchecked. I check them, run it, and next time they are all unchecked again. I have selected ALL and then hit Apply, but next time they are still unchecked. This is either a bug from a new update or maybe a bug related to a new account I just added? I ran Validate, but it found no problems and didn't fix this issue.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply @GTmem,

If the validate and super validate did not correct the issue, then the next step would be to restore a backup from before the issue started, if possible. You would then want to verify if the issue persists in the newly restored file.

Thank you for joining the discussion @mikeweberatl,

When did you first notice the issue? You mentioned doing a validate; did you also do a super validate? If you haven't yet, that would be the next step to troubleshoot the issue. Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.