USAA reauthorization problems - for months

Options
Sky Blue
Sky Blue Member ✭✭

When trying to update my USAA accounts in Quicken, I get the message: USAA Federal Savings Bank needs you to authorize your accounts. I follow the process, and have multiple messages from USAA that "Quicken has been connected to your USAA account." The Quicken says there was a problem. This has been happening for months.

I have changed my default browser to edge, turned of firewall, turned off antivirus, turned off pop-up blockers, not using a VPN. This is a problem on the Quicken side. Please help!

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What EXACTLY is the error message?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• since1990
    since1990 Member ✭✭
    Options

As far as I can tell, this Reddit thread captures the state of Quicken's ability to download from online accounts: it has been irretrievably broken for going on two years. Individual reports of issues get responses with various lists of hoops to jump through, which do either do not resolve the problems, or provide only temporary solutions. No effective resolution exists.

Problems come and go, and generally get worse over time.

• Sky Blue
    Sky Blue Member ✭✭
    Options

The exact error message from Quicken is "Sorry. We encountered a problem. (It's not your fault.)" Then it provides options to try again, which just leads to the same error, or enter transactions manually.

This discussion has been closed.