RBC OL-283-A (QWIN)

Options

I have been having problems connecting to RBC the past couple of days - getting OL-283-A. I sent a problem report, as other threads have suggested that. Is this an issue with RBC, or with Quicken?

Thanks,

Eric

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We don't know what RBC is. Royal Bank of Canada is my best guess. Are you running the Canadian version of QWin? Your profile doesn't say. If so, we need to move your question to an appropriate CA section of the forum.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Quick Kevin
    Quick Kevin Member
    Options

I have same issue as Eric and am wondering what has changed. I only encounter the issue with RBC Wealth Management, while Fidelity and Schwab continue to connect/download effectively. My system is Win10 with Quicken Premier subscription. Curiously, an install of the Mac version on a second laptop continues to work for the RBC Wealth Management connection. I hate the OL-293 error; the randomness is frustrating.

Any RBC specific info?

Thanks!

• Nousernamefound
    Options

I also have run into the same type of issue with RBC welath Managment my accounts will no longer update i get error ol-293-A running windows subscription and im located in the us.

• drbmbay123
    drbmbay123 Member ✭✭
    Options

same here. it's rbc weath. same error. days now. also usa.

• Robert Searl
    Robert Searl Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here! Several days now.

RBC Wealth Management

"There was an unknown error trying to update this connection. Please try again later. (Error Code: 16503)".

• CardioDad
    CardioDad Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here; having OL-293-A with RBC last few days

• CardioDad
    CardioDad Member ✭✭
    Options

RBC Capital Markets, LLC

• kwheeley
    kwheeley Member
    Options

Same as everyone else. For me, it started on 6/19/2023. It's the only account I have with this issue.

Is Quicken support monitoring this forum? If so, do THEY reach out to RBC?

• Mark Sanz
    Mark Sanz Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem here with RBC Wealth Management. No, it is not a canadian quicken issue. RBC Wealth Mgmt is used by many American firms that outsource their client management. OL-293-A

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Francis Hess
    Francis Hess Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

When I try to update my investments from RBC I keep getting en online error OL-293-AJ I have followed the instructions to correct, but it doesn't work.

• eschalit
    eschalit Member
    Options

Same issue on my end since mid June. Have used the Report a Problem too but have not heard back.

• Quick Kevin
    Quick Kevin Member
    Options

Happily, I can report that transaction updating for RBC completed without error this morning. I noticed that an update to the Quicken application was installed upon opening but don't know if the update included the 'fix' to our RBC connection issues.

I appreciate the advice (Jasmine) for alternate routes to report errors. The 'help' pages for OL-293-A only suggest finding whether a broader community is experiencing the problem — visiting this forum.

Thanks!

• kwheeley
    kwheeley Member
    Options

All,

I just synched this morning (6:15am CST) and RBC Wealth updated without error. Seems this may be resolved.

Give it a shot and try now.

KenW

This discussion has been closed.