Updates break Quicken

Options

Quicken updates continue to break a number of basic features in the program. For one, every time I do an update it loads the wrong data file that appears to be about a week old. Further, it breaks connections to a number of my savings banks and credit card services. And, this has been an ongoing issue, it fails to update my investment accounts so I have to manually update each stock value daily to get an accurate picture of my portfolio value. Instead of getting better, each (frequent) update seems to makes things worse. I spend more time fixing the problems the updates create then it is worth. Tried Intuit MINT and it functions much better with updates, but the interface is a bit confusing. Do not plan to renew when my subscription expires.

Comments

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Need more info about your setup. What version of Quicken are you using? How often do you backup your data file? When was the last time you validated your file? I don't believe it is the updates that are directly causing the issues you are having. I believe you have a corrupted file and it has been corrupted for some time now and the updates are making matters worse. Database corruption can happen in a variety of ways none of which is Quicken's fault.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ram_says IF it were indeed the updates that are causing your issues … this forum would be LIT UP with similar complaints.

It's not.

That strongly suggests that the timing of the updates and your issues are POST HOC, ERGO PROPTER HOC.

I concur with @Snowman's advice.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.