New Manual Transaction don't show up as uncleared

Options
Afranklyn
Afranklyn Member ✭✭

Hi,

Quick question, I'm entering a manual transaction on the iphone app and when I sync to my mac that transaction doesn't show up as an unreviewed transaction, to indicate to me that it was a transaction that was manually entered.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

In the desktop application, manually-entered transactions don't show up as Not-reviewed, so it doesn't surprise me the same it true when the entry is made via the mobile app (which I don't use).

In the desktop version of Quicken, you can manually set transactions as Not Reviewed: Control-click on the transaction and select Set Status of the Selected Transaction to > Not Reviewed. You can select a group of transactions (click the first one, Shift-click the last, or Command-click each transaction) and then change the status of all the selected transactions at once. I don't know if the mobile app similarly offers you a way to set a transaction to Not Reviewed.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Afranklyn
    Afranklyn Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for your response, in the past manually entered transactions on the mobile app when synced on the desktop app will show with an orange pencil to indicate that the transaction was entered manually and requires review, but that is no longer the case with me. I've never had to set them as unreviewed manually.

I've checked the app settings and see no option that marks manual transactions as auto-reviewed. So, I'm guessing that I've done something wrong to have this not show up anymore with the orange pencil. I've reset the cloud data but no help.

• jacobs
    Options

Is the account involved here connected for downloading from the financial institution? The orange pencil shows up for manual transactions in a connected account, but there is no orange pencil if the account is not connected for downloading.

• Afranklyn
    Afranklyn Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Jacobs,

The account is not set up for connected downloading. Is this a new feature as this same account did get the orange pencil for manual transactions entered via the app. If this is so, then my issue is resolved.

Thanks for responding and providing that answer. Unfortunately, in my location (outside the US, i.e. Caribbean) banks haven't allowed access to Quicken to download transactions. Still trying to lobby to have them do it but it's a pain. Thanks again, will have to manually change then going forward. Thanks again.

• jacobs
    Options

@Afranklyn To the best of my knowledge, nothing with the desktop program has changed. It has never shown the orange pencil for transactions entered manually in manual (not connected for download) accounts. The former product manager confirmed years ago that this was by design; they didn't think people who were entering transactions manually would want to have to manually mark their transactions as reviewed — because they were created by the user, not a financial institution. I have some accounts which I enter manually, and those have never shown the orange pencil icon for my transactions; the orange pencil only shows up if the account is connected to a financial institution for downloading.

But as I mentioned before, I don't use the mobile app, so I'm not aware how it worked in the past versus now. Perhaps they made a change recently to make it work like the desktop app (not orange pencil) when the transactions are synced to the desktop. I don't see anything in the Quicken Mac release notes for recent updates which mentions this, but if it was a change made by the (separate) Quicken Cloud (web and mobile app) development team, I wouldn't be aware. (I looked up the release notes for the mobile app, and I don't see this mentioned. You might want to make sure you're on the latest version — 6.29.0 — of the mobile app.)

This discussion has been closed.