some interest income is not showing up in comparison income/expense report

Options
dnovak3
dnovak3 Member ✭✭
edited July 2023 in Reports (Windows)

each interest income transaction from Treasury account transfered to checking account is labelled the same, yet only one interest income is displayed, with many missing.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not really following along with what you're saying here.

"each interest income transaction from Treasury account transfered to checking account is labelled the same,"

What you're describing here is a "Transfer" (as Quicken uses that term), it's not a "Categorized" (another Quicken term) transaction, so ordinarily I wouldn't expect these transfers to show up in a Spending report of some sort as a Transfer is not "income", it's simply moving money from one pocket to the other pocket. In a Spending report where the Treasury Account has been selected as one of the Accounts feeding information to the report, that's when you'd expect to see interest income being reported.

"yet only one interest income is displayed, with many missing."

If by "interest income" you're referring to the transfers previously mentioned, I wouldn't really expect any of those would show up as income, ordinarily. Are you saying that one of the transfers is showing up as income and the others aren't?

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The interest is in the Treasury acct … not the checking acct. Are you including the Treasury acct in the report?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• dnovak3
    dnovak3 Member ✭✭
    Options

Tom: Thank you for your "interest" in replying to my query.

In my Treasury acct, I post bonds bought, bonds sold when they mature, and then enter interest earned under Income, Miscellaneous, and category Interest Income: government securities, and transfer the interest to the checking account MiscIncX, all on the Enter Transaction screen

Both the Treasury account and Checking account are included in the Inc/Exp report. Curiously, one interest transaction did show up in the report, but none of the others.

I would like to see a report of all my interest earned for the year to date.

Thanks again

Dennis

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Rather than using the MiscIncX version, try MiscInc and then a separate XOut (Cash Transferred), or Withdraw transaction to move the cash from the Quicken treasury account to your Quicken checking account. I am seeing some odd behaviors with MiscIncX which have both a category assignment and a transfer assignment applied.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

@dnovak3

Could you post a screen shot of the entry or entries you're talking about? If you're entering income in the Treasury Account and making an MiscIncX transaction for the same amount (or a negative amount) that should net out to twice the income, or no income at all.

As a test, do away with that MiscIncX entry.

It seems like there must be some difference in the entry for the one income transaction that did show up in the report.

Quicken certainly can do exactly what you want, so there's some error of some sort with the entries.

• dnovak3
    dnovak3 Member ✭✭
    Options

YES THAT WORKS!

THANK YOU!

D

This discussion has been closed.